Thursday Morning Brain Break

Spring starts in a few hours, but I’m never ready to say goodbye to the snow . . . . . I’m taking a few moments on my porch for a brain break from lesson planning to pray especially for my dear students and their families.  It is hard not to be with my precious scholars in person at this time of morning.  I thought this writer’s reflections (in one of my new birthday books) were very timely this morning.

“We are so captivated by our technology and all that it puts before our eyes that we overlook the ways that God displays His glory through creation, relationships, and our ordinary circumstances in the day to day. . . . We become what we behold. . . .

‘We all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another.  For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.’ 2 Corinthians 3:18

“We are being transformed into His likeness by looking intently on who He is.”  (Simons, Beholding and Becoming:  The Art of Everyday Worship, p. 9-10)

One of the blessings of this strange and difficult situation is a special appreciation of our loved ones, our homes, and our Rock.

Click here for my snowy view video.  Can you hear the birds singing in the snow?  So cool!

2 thoughts on “Thursday Morning Brain Break

1. You made my day, Jonah, with your comment. I’m really excited to see 5+ inches of snow in the forecast for my town Monday afternoon and overnight. I plan to be outside in it, soaking it in. Our daffodils are up, but they don’t mind.