2nd/3rd Graders Interview Mrs. Doris Shedd

Since Mrs. Shedd volunteers every week, we were sure that all of our families would want to get to know her better. To create our questions, we thought about what our readers might be curious about.

Q: Do you have any pets?
A: No, I don’t. We used to have a dog and a cat, but they got old. We do enjoy pets. Our son and his wife, who live next door, have a kitten named Penelope.

Q: Who do you work with?
A: I work with elderly people in an assisted living facility. Some of them had a hard time living alone, or they might just need a safe, healthy place to live.

Q: Do you have plants or a garden?
A: We have a big vegetable garden and some flower gardens that mostly grew a lot of weeds this year!

Q: What is your house like?
A: I live in Andover, NH, only a few miles from Miss Blessing. We have a white house with green shutters in a wooded area. When the leaves fall off, we can see Ragged Mountain and Mount Kearsarge.

Q: What is your favorite food?
A: I like almost all foods. I probably like the same foods you do. (We said we like pizza, sausage, mac and cheese, gummies, tacos, and ice cream!)

Q: What do you like to do for fun, besides come to spend time with us at Mid Vermont Christian School?
A: I like to be at home. I enjoy reading, and sometimes I sew with my sewing machine. I use the computer to look up things or to e-mail my grandchildren. My collection of tea cups makes it fun to have tea parties. I take walks and pick vegetables in my garden. I also especially like going places by water, such as lakes, ponds, rivers, or the ocean. Watching the ocean waves makes me happy.

Welcome to MVCS, Mrs. Shedd! We look forward to “Mrs. Shedd Days”.