Unplug

Has your family ever considered taking the unplugged challenge? Have you tried a screen-free week or day? How ironic to blog about unplugged websites, but here are some wonderful resources for family activities for the summer.

My favorite activity source: Family Fun

A book I use constantly as an auntie: Unplugged Play

Some helpful websites with craft and game ideas: Unplug Your Kids

Instead of TV

Some of my favorite summer memories are days full of tree climbing, fort building, cloud watching, and campfire singing.  Leave a comment to share a great family idea you have!

2 thoughts on “Unplug

1. Since I have moved into my new house, I have not had TV or cable. I am waiting on Metrocast to do some construction and then set things up in the house. So I have really been unplugged! In the evenings, I am reading some education books given to me by the superintendent and calling friends on the phone. I am surviving but I am missing watching the morning news/weather and the Red Sox games in the evening.

2. Wow, Miss Holloran! For most people, taking a break from the Red Sox would be really hard. You probably got in some really good reading though.

I did go without a TV during my writing class. I was in the dorm during the week, and I was too busy writing and reading to have time for TV anyway. I wasn’t really screen free though because I lived with my hands attached to my computer for those five weeks. I even did some of my research reading right on the computer!