Cade’s Sneaker Word Problems

So here they are, samples of the sneaker word problems from Cade’s station.

***Elizabeth and Annabella:  Cade has a pair of sneakers that is worth $400, and my pair cost about $20.  How much are both pairs altogether?

***Noah:  If Cade has 35 pairs of sneakers that cost an average of $100 each, what is the total estimated cost of his collection?

***Joshua:  The most expensive shoe Cade has ever seen in person is worth $30,000.  The most expensive shoes in the world, the solid gold Air Jordans, cost $2,000,000.  How much more are the golden shoes?

***Jonah and Adelle:  If you buy two pairs of the golden Air Jordans, what would the price be?

***Charlotte:  If Cade gets ten pairs of sneakers every month for his collection, how many pairs would he have in twelve months?

***David:  If Cade got ten pairs of the $400 Yeezy sneakers, how much would it cost?

If you create a sneaker word problem in the comments, we will solve it!

2 thoughts on “Cade’s Sneaker Word Problems

1. I really liked the word problems you created from this interesting information!!! Great job!!

That got me thinking too…so I did some research and discovered some things that we don’t often think about. Then I created a new and humbling word problem. Here is the information and then the question.

Did you know that 1 in 5 American children is in desperate need of shoes?

There are approximately 74 million children in the US…that means almost 15 million kids (14,800,000) need shoes!

Kids can suffer shame, bullying, and ridicule…all for lack of decent shoes.
    Tackling one of the most visible signs of poverty in America gives kids in need new athletic shoes to attend school with dignity and joy, prepared to learn, play and thrive.  https://www.shoesthatfit.org

If I can buy a good pair of new shoes at Walmart for about $20,
    how many kids could get new shoes
    for the cost of a pair of Solid Gold OVO x Air Jordans?

Keep up the good work and great start to your school year! I miss you!
    Love, Miss Hellickson