YES/4-H Begins With a Chinka Chinka Chinka Chink

Are you hearing things?  Was that the whir of a sewing machine you detected at recess today?  It was!  Fourth grade YES/4-H after school science club will soon be kicking off, and to provide a sneak preview of the pleasures to come, Mrs. Shedd began the first project today.  In 4-H we hope to complete projects such as Beginning Sewing, Woodworking,  and Microwave Magic.  In YES we are looking forward to Owl Pellets, Circuits, and Periscopes.  The world is full of wondrous things.  Let’s find out about some of them together!

6 thoughts on “YES/4-H Begins With a Chinka Chinka Chinka Chink

1. Thanks Ms.Shedd, I had so much fun! My apron is amazing. Now I want a sewing machine for Christmas!I don’t just want it to make something, I want it to have fun! I might start a sewing project with my Grammy.

2. I’m so glad you enjoyed this project. It gave me a lot of pleasure watching you and Haley use the sewing machine and model your newly finished apron. Your Grammy would probably love to do a sewing project with you!

3. Ms. Blessing and friends,
    It is so exciting for me to see the wonderful things that are happening in 4th grade at DES! You have a wonderful school, and I’m so proud of what you are accomplishing! Keep up the good work! You make me smile!!!

Ms. Sharyn Orvis

4. Aidan & Ruby decided that we hadn’t written to you in a long time and it was time that we did again!

Today Aidan went to Piche’s in Gilford and got new stuff for Tiger Scouts. He now has a blue Boy Scouts shirt, an orange Tiger Scouts neckerchief with a gold neckerchief slide, a Tiger Scouts book, and a silly band in the Boy Scouts logo style. He has been working at sounding out the words in his Tiger Cub handbook. He has already been to the fire station with the other Tigers, including Nathaniel from first grade, and he looks forward to helping people and to going camping. Right now he has to come up with a plan for a fire evacuation route at our house. At Scouts, boys are asked to hold up two fingers to show that they are quiet and listening when the leaders speak. Please ask him about the Scouts because he has lots of stuff he’d like to share about it but can only put so much here.

I’m excited to see 4-H in your classroom! My mother was a leader for 30 years and my grandmother for 35 years before that. We went to the Hopkinton Fair with vegetables and animals and we went to the Merrimack County Dress Review with our sewing projects. We had to model them and everything!