Update From Our Class Missionary: Alicia Shedd

We just finished our first family camp week at Maranatha, with 16 guest families and over 100 guests! It was a great week learning about the treasure found in Christ. Despite a couple really hot days in the 90s and a couple cool, rainy days in the upper 60s, the campers had a ton of fun!

This happened to be my 50th family camp to work as a full-time staff member (between Life Action and Maranatha camps). Crazy to believe that I’ve been involved in that many family camp weeks! Family camp is my favorite event, as I love seeing the impact on the whole family as they get a chance to rest, have fun, and seek God together.

Below are a few testimonies we received from the week. Forgiveness was a huge theme!

“I’ve been angry with my daughter. I realized that it was me, not her. I’ve been convicted that I have to work, by the grace of God, to provide her with love and guidance.” – guest dad

“I’ve been challenged to forgive people I felt made poor decisions that affected my family’s life. It’s been hard on my family to heal and after this week I’ve realized forgiveness is the only way we will be truly healed.” – guest mom

“The sessions helped to remember to thank God for His grace, embrace forgiveness daily, and trust that the same grace and gospel which brought me salvation will also sanctify me and help me as I seek to embrace the treasures in Christ.” – guest youth

Pray that God would continue to solidify the truths in the hearts of those who came.

Also, this week we’re holding our annual Boys’ and Teen Guys’ camp, so please pray that God would reach the hearts of the 60 young men who are here.

Blessings,

Alicia Shedd
Maranatha Ministries
(c) 603-748-0656
A gospel centered camp for the whole family.