Summer Blogging Challenge #1

Where are YOU reading?  Some of my favorite summer memories of third and fourth grades include taking my book along on my exploration of the day.  I read beside clear NH streams, up in trees, with a flashlight in a tent, on top of glacial erratics, in the field with the cows, and . . . . .

So have your adult snap a photo of YOU reading in a summery spot.  They can e-mail it to me anytime.  I can’t wait to hear from you, Wild Reader!

One thought on “Summer Blogging Challenge #1

1. Just read this on Kate DiCamillo’s site, and she agrees about reading in trees!

“I walked past a tree house yesterday and suddenly remembered what it was like: being 8 years old, high up in a Jacaranda tree, rough boards against my back, sun on my ankles, green leaves over my head, the rectangle of a book in my hands—the beauty and impossibility and wonder of it.
    If you are lucky enough to have done that, too–to have read a book, high in the branches of a tree–then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it will stay with you. To borrow shamelessly from Hemingway: to read in a tree house in the summertime is a moveable feast.” (Kate DiCamillo, author of Because of Winn Dixie)