Our Stupendous Principal’s Summer Adventures (So Far . . . )!

Hi Everyone!  I wanted to let you know I kept my Growth Mindset in gear even after school was out, as I went to a conference especially for Christian school leaders!  This year it was in Nashville, Tennessee.  Since I had never visited that area before, I also took a few extra days to go exploring!
I was able to visit a really cool Aquarium in Gatlinburg, where I was photo bombed by this Sawshark …ok, I planned it 😋
I also was able to visit the Titanic museum in Pigeon Forge…this was really cool, with actual items from the real Titanic and when you go in, you “come aboard” as a passenger with a boarding pass of one of the real life passengers and at the end you find out whether you survived or not! Ask me whether I survived!
I drove up to Louisville Kentucky to meet up with my niece Kelsey who came down from Purdue in Indiana…we went took a tour of Churchill Downs where they have the Kentucky Derby horse race…who knows, we might have seen them training the next Triple Crown winner!
We also went to the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory, where we watched them make baseball bats (you can’t take pictures on the actual tour), we got to see a number bats used by many famous players like Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, and we even were able to have our picture taken in the batter’s box with one of Kris Bryant’s game used bats (he is a great Cubs player)!  They have a Big Bat outside that is the world’s largest baseball bat, which weighs 68,000 pounds and towers 120 feet into the sky.  The Big Bat is an exact-scale replica of Babe Ruth’s Louisville Slugger bat.
After all of that, I returned to Nashville for my classes…sorry I didn’t take pictures of my sessions, but I did have 8 sessions in my days there and I learned a lot!  I am looking forward to sharing it with the rest of the teachers!  While I was back in Nashville, I also was able to go to the famous Grand Ole Opry for a very cool country music show.
I hope that your adventures are continuing throughout the summer as well!  We’ll need to share our stories with each other when you get back.  Remember to ask me to show you something very special that I had made while I was on my trip 🤗
God’s Blessings and Love!
Miss Hellickson