The Day Miss Blessing Got Mad

So you learn pretty quickly when you start teaching that you just don’t know what students will say about you at home. From the day I prayed for a missionary ministering to orphan children and heard the next day that I had decided to have some babies (single though I be) to the times when parents hear, “That’s not how MISS BLESSING says to add/subtract/multiply/divide,” it can all be pretty hilarious.

Well, with multi-age, students get to know you even more deeply. There’s no hiding. I pray every day that I will be consistently kind, have loving words, and reach out with a tender, compassionate heart.

So when I heard that one of my old students regaled his sisters with tales of the time I got really, really mad, I was trembling to hear what this was all about.  I feel like I’m pretty even-keeled, and I never yell (except when I’m reading out loud! ha ha!).

So here’s the picture he made of the day I got mad. With an ominous tone, he told them, “I was so naughty, and Miss Blessing LOOKED at me!”

My mother, with her famous stink-eye, would be proud. I’m still laughing!

The Day Miss Blessing Got Mad:

11254637_10153182220982765_1220051911824339642_n

3 thoughts on “The Day Miss Blessing Got Mad