Last Letter from Thomas, our TA

usa-map-flag

(Thomas writes to us from basic training in Fort Benning, Georgia.)

I hope all continues to go well with your summer.  I received your letter the other day and have now found the time to write back with graduation so close, August 27th.

I have been really busy preparing for the final five-day outing, practicing infantry maneuvers.  It is really exciting to hear the drill sergeants consider all of us soldiers.  Being a soldier has been a long-term goal of mine that has finally and thankfully come true.

I really liked that engineering project that you explained in your letter.  I thought that all the kids will really enjoy that project.  It sounds like it’ll take a little bit for them to plan it out (like it always does), but then they will take off with their extraordinary ideas.  I am not sure which I enjoyed more over the last two years, the projects that you’ve chosen for them, or the ideas that the kids come up with.  It is definitely an aspect that I miss the older I get.

I hope I can TA for your class again this year.  Maybe you could put in a good word for me with Mrs. Farrell.  Since it’s so close to graduate so soon, the drill sergeants insisted no more mail be sent.  But I would appreciatee all the prayer, and I can’t wait to talk to and see you all soon!

~Thomas