Encourage Thomas, Our TA!

Our wonderful TA, Thomas Weiler, is off to Fort Benning, Georgia, for basic training this summer. We promised to be praying for him, and perhaps your family could write to him as well.  It would truly encourage him to hear from the children, even if they just tuck a drawing into an envelope.

His address is:

PV2, Weiler, Thomas, #337

C Company, 2-54 Infantry Regiment, 198th Infantry Brigade

9240 Treadwell Dr., Building 3405

Fort Benning, GA 31905

(You also need to mark a green border around the envelope and label it with a large green 3.)

Here is his letter to us that arrived today:

“I am glad to hear that all has been going well for your summer so far.  I got your letter yesterday and was very encouraged.

I have had a huge struggle with transitioning from civilian life to the military lifestyle.  There are a lot of things such as music, showers, civilian clothing, contact with others, etc., that are taken for granted, until put into a position where you don’t get any of those.

All in all though, this summer has been a blast, and I haven’t had any regrets on coming down this summer.  The weather has been very intense.  The average temperature has been between 105 degrees and 110 degrees, with a 70% or higher humidity.  It is almost the exact opposite of the weather in Vermont.  Drinking lots of water and staying hydrated is the key to success down here.

I cannot wait to get back and share many stories and memories with all the kids and teachers.  I am sure they will all be interested in hearing about everything that has gone on:  confidence/obstacle courses, climbing and rappelling a 50 foot tower, the gas chambers, and shooting and qualifying with the M-4 carbine.

I hope all continues togo well with you and your summer training.”