Another Mighty Reader!

Karis raced past forty books!  We are just watching these readers with amazement!  She read a bit to her dear principal to celebrate, and she also shared this brief reading interview.

I have loved a lot of books so far this year.  I enjoyed Megan and Mischief.  Megan is a kid who goes to a pony camp, and she is so excited to meet her pony.  When her pony is given to her, she jumps up and down for joy.  I also really love Beatrix Potter books.  They remind me of Aesop’s Fables, which are some of my top favorite things to read.  They both tell you wise and unwise things, like beware of flatterers.  One lesson in Beatrix Potter was to respect other people’s things.

I have read a lot of picture books this year.  They are enjoyable because the artist gives you nice pictures to help you imagine.  In chapter books, you don’t see the colors except in your mind.  I like juicy words, whether they are in chapter books or picture books.

I read all the Star Wars trilogy from the beginning word (which was once) to the very last word (which was galaxy).

Our class decided to add a little people challenge to the Forty Book Challenge this year, since so many of us have really little brothers or sisters.  We made tiny number lines for them, and when we read ten picture books, it counts as a book.  If our brother or sister reads forty books (400 picture books!) with us, we are going to write them their own Story Jumper book!  I read a lot of books to my brother Elisha, even my big chapter books.  He really likes to listen to my voice.  When I read him Aesop’s Fables, I read him the morals.  He just nodded his head very slowly like he understood.  He is seven months old right now, and on Christmas Eve, he will be eight months.  I think he will be a very strong reader someday like I am, with very good fluency and knowing what the words are when he sees them.

One thought on “Another Mighty Reader!